- This event has passed.
Exploring Business Ownership: What Does it Take to Start a Business?
Wednesday, September 12, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pmFree
- Have you ever wondered what makes a successful business owner?
- Are entrepreneurs born with special skills or are they something you can learn?
- Are you thinking about starting a business or turning a hobby into an income?
- Do you wonder if you have what it takes or if your idea/service would sell?
Starting a business can be scary, but like any other successful adventure, the more prepared you are the higher chance of a positive outcome.
In this course participants will be provided a roadmap for business start-up.
- Understand the mindset and characteristics of successful entrepreneurs
- Explore the different types of businesses as well as legal structures
- Be exposed to common business terminology as it applies to start-ups
- Discover why conducting a feasibility study is like packing the right supplies for a trip.
Who benefits from this? This course was created with individuals just starting or thinking about starting a business.
Cassandra Novak-Tobey is a serial-entrepreneur at heart; starting her first business at the age of 12. She became involved in non-profit work 17-years ago. She designed, launched, and managed a microenterprise program for people with disabilities at Goodwill of Orange County. In 2012, she founded The Prosperity Center to continue her work with entrepreneurs. In 2016, she moved to Mount Shasta and this year began consulting with clients of JEDI as well as launching two craft based businesses of her own. Cassandra has a B.S. in Business Marketing and an MBA in Organizational Leadership and Non-profit Management. Her passion is helping individuals realize their dreams through the creation of microbusiness.