Exploring Freelancing – How to get Started and Succeed as a Freelancer
Wednesday, July 24 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
This three-part workshop is held at the Shasta Public Libraries and meets on the following dates: July 24th, July 31st, and August 7th from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm.
• Does being your own boss sound good to you?
• Want to earn a freelance income but not sure how to begin?
• Freelancing enables you to earn supplemental income, practice newly developed professional skills, build work experience, and design a flexible work schedule that meets your needs.
This 6 hour training is designed to help you leverage gig work to improve your life, whether this means using the gig economy as a strategic tool to support yourself while launching your business, or market products and services to acquire new clients.
Register for Succeeding as a Freelancer and learn:
1. What it means to be a freelancer, and whether freelancing is a good fit for you
2. Hit the ground running with a great personal brand and thorough understanding of how to secure work
3. Provide great customer service, manage your time, and stay safe while on the job
4. Manage a “business of one” by creating solid contracts, doing taxes, and setting effective goals
This training is led by Trisha Funk and Samaschool. Trisha Funk has 18 years experience as an entrepreneur in various industries but her small business background goes well beyond that; She grew up in the family business working alongside her father and grandmother. She spent ten years as a registered rep and insurance agent before turning her financial business into a consulting and coaching practice that also focused on financial literacy education. From 2002 until 2017 she also played a cornerstone role in the family used car, truck and RV dealership. In 2016 she founded Pennies On Purpose, Youth Financial Literacy Non-Profit where she is passionate about ensuring that our youth in the public school system gain the skills and knowledge to make positive financial decisions for their future.
Thank You to our Co-Sponsors Shasta Public Libraries and CAMEO for providing Licensing.