- This event has passed.
Understanding Food Cost – Shasta Cascade SBDC
Wednesday, May 8 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Whether you are an existing restaurateur looking for a refresher course, or a start-up looking for training, this seminar is for you. Join Regional SBDC Restaurant Specialist, Louise Dawson, for an afternoon of Understanding Food Cost.
Topics to be discussed include:
– How to understand a profit and loss statement and what it means for your restaurant
– Industry benchmarks for food cost
– How to work from a budget
– Weekly flashcard technique
– Industry techniques for calculating plate cost
– How to price for profitability
– Best practices for managing inventory
“How much does that Chicken Caesar Salad cost you and how do you know if you are charging enough?”
Louise Dawson is a restaurant consultant and adviser who brings over 30 years of experience in the restaurant industry to her seminars. She specializes in restaurant operations for restaurants of all sizes, both nationally and internationally. She has worked with over 500 restaurants, helping them improve their business operations and bottom line.
Attendees are encouraged to bring a copy of their own Profit and Loss statement that they can analyze (it won’t be shared) and be sure to bring a calculator or phone for a numbers-crunching session!