During the tax season, JEDI uses the “Drop Off” Method to prepare returns. Drop off your tax documents on Friday afternoons and pick up the completed return one week later on Friday morning. The Drop Off and Pick Up include a 30 minutes Intake Interview and a 30 minute Pick Up Review.
What to Bring to the Tax Appointment
- Proof of identification – Picture ID
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration or
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc from all employers
- 1099 SSA Statement of Benefits
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available
- Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit, such as a voided blank check
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number (the provider’s Social Security Number or the provider’s business Employer Identification Number) if appropriate
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
- Information on Health Insurance Coverage Form 1095-A, B, or C
- Information on all itemized deductions – Schedule A
A big thank you to all those who volunteer to bring you this valued service each year!
JEDI VITA Volunteers
For more information call 530-926-6670 ext. 11 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
JEDI and My Free Taxes – taking the “ax” out of tax!